Download Externalize Database Processing in RPG IV (V5R1)
The EXTERNAL library contains the sources used in the presentation "Externalize Database Processing in RPG IV".
- Download, upload and restore the EXTERNAL library.
- Change the current library to EXTERNAL.
- Review the source members in QCPYSRC and QRPGLESRC.
- Compile the members UTILMSGS and FILE01A using the CRTRPGMOD command
- Use the CRTSRVPGM command to create a service program named EXTERNAL consisting of the modules UTILMSGS and FILE01A
- Compile the member TESTPROCS using the CRTBNDRPG command. This program provides a simple means of testing the file procedures - copy and change it to your hearts content!